Defence Infrastructure Organisation (DIO)
Dean & Dyball
Design for Security
Structural Drawing & Detailing
This project involved re-configuring the access to this important secure RAF base for Anti-Terrorism Force Protection (ATFP).
The existing access involved a long straight approach which was considered to be a terrorist threat, the project involved alterations to the approach including construction of reinforced stone hedges and a vehicle search area to address this.
Other areas of work included:
- Construction of new roads, pavements and services installations
- Resurfacing and alterations to existing pavements
- Associated external works, street furniture, amenity lighting and landscaping
We completed the project management, planning and design for the project using Joist Service Publications (JSP), the appropriate clauses of the NBS, all relevant British Standards and Codes of Practice; and to CFS, NFPA, UFC & USF Base Standards.
The design parameters and requirements used were the following design standards:
- Unified Facilities Criteria 4-022-01
- USAF Entry Control Facilities Design Guide
- Air Force Manual 32-1072, volumes 1, 2 and 3