Structural Drawing & Detailing
Structural Engineers Report
This fine residence situated in a prominent position close to the sea front in East Looe has been converted into 3 apartments. The building was only partially occupied for many years and much of the fabric of the building had been adversely affected by water penetration. James Lockyer Associates were commissioned to provide structural advice and design in relation to the conversion works which included:-
- Reconfiguration of the roof structure to provide extensive open vaulted roof areas and dormers more in keeping with the character of the original building.
- Upgrading the floor structures to provide adequate compartmentation between apartments.
- Assessment and specification of requirements to reinstate lateral stability to the walls which had been severely affected by movement.
- Provision of new off road parking area to the rear.
- Associated structural modification internally.